ELECTRIC GUITAR SYMPOSIUM – featuring ten of world’s foremost experts.
May Fri. 6, Sat. 7, & Sun. 8, 2016
At the Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum, 204 S. Main Wichita, KS
- Deke Dickerson – Author – Collector – Guitarist – Expertise: Mid Century guitar culture
- Alan DiPerna – Music Journalist – Author
- Dr. Wayne Goins – Distinguished Professor, Director of Jazz Studies, Kansas State University – Guitarist and authority on seminal electric guitarist Charlie Christian
- Dr. Matthew Hill – Author – Scholar – Authority on early electric instruments
- Emanuele Marconi – Conservator at the National Music Museum
- HP Newquist, Executive Director, National Guitar Museum – Author
- Arian Sheets – Curator, Stringed Instruments at the National Music Museum
- Richard Smith – Curator, Fullerton (CA) Museum – Author
- Dr. John Troutman – Scholar, Author specializing in Hawaiian Guitar Music History
- Lynn Wheelwright – Author – Collector – Owner of Pro-musician, Clearfield, UT – Authority on early electrically amplified stringed instruments
What is the origin of electric guitar? This question has resulted in so many confusing and conflicting theories that the real answers have become elusive. This special will explode myths, eliminate confusion, and answer contentious questions; ultimately exposing the true stories.
Symposium schedule and admission charge to sessions can be found at the Museum’s Website: www.wichitahistory.org. Admission include entrance to the special exhibit: “The Electric Guitar – Wichita’s Instrument!” exhibit on view January 30 – June 5, 2016
Direct Inquiries to:Eric Cale, Museum Director, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 316-265-9314
Venue: Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum, 204 S. Main, Wichita, KS 67202
Museum Website: wichitahistory.org
Museum Hours: Tuesday – Friday 11:00 am to 4:00 pm; Saturday & Sunday 1:00 to 5:00 pm. Regular Admission Charge: Adults $ 5.00, Children under 12 years $ 2.00. Supported in part by the City of Wichita and Sedgwick County Kansas Board of Commissioners
OUR VISION: To provide a world class Museum experience, advancing the understanding and exploration of the rich historical and cultural heritage of Wichita and Sedgwick County Kansas.