Job ID: ?
Posted: February 26, 2015
Position Title: Development Director
Job Type: Full-Time
Company Name: Wichita Grand Opera
Job Duration: Indefinite
Job Function: Raise Funds
Min Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Entry Level: No
Min Experience: 3-4 Years
Location: Wichita, Kansas 67202
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Contact Person: Parvan Bakardiev
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary responsibility is to research, identify, prospect, and solicit donors to significantly increase
financial support to WGO. Secondary responsibility is to document and manage individual, corporate,
and foundation donations; government grants; special events fundraising efforts, in-kind
contributions, and benefit fulfillment. The Development Director reports to the President & CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Develop and implement fundraising and solicitation strategies and timelines to meet or
exceed budget goals.
– Research, evaluate, and identify giving potential of prospects through personal visits, and
engagement of donors in their philanthropic priorities that best align with the mission and
fundraising goals of the WGO.
– Analyze patron ticket purchases and behaviors to develop new prospects
– Lead the WGO’s annual fund campaign of approximately $900,000, including more than
$500,000 from individual donors, over $200,000 from foundations, corporations and
government sources, and more than $200,000 from fundraising events.
– Develop relationships with patrons and donors to encourage new and increased giving
– Work closely with the CEO to implement and manage the solicitation, cultivation,
stewardship, and renewal of all board members, donors, and patrons.
– Keep detailed, comprehensive and accurate records of contacts with all donors and prospects,
documenting all interactions in a timely manner.
– Research and write winning grants to foundations and government entities, effectively
articulating the needs and vision of the WGO.
– Implement and manage donor fulfillment and gift acknowledgement process.
– Implement and manage in-kind contributions
– Manage the fundraising strategies, solicitations, and fulfillment of two annual fundraising
events, and identify and coordinate potential volunteers for these events
– Serve as person of contact for all donors.
– Additional duties as assigned by the CEO.
Special Skills and Qualifications:
– Master’s Degree is preferred, but Bachelor’s Degree is required
– Five years of relevant experience is preferred, but a minimum of three years is required
– Demonstrated success in fundraising in the performing arts industry is preferred, but
demonstrated success in fundraising in the non-profit industry is required.
– Strong written and oral communication skills, especially with current and potential donors
– Highly people-oriented, constructive attitude, team player, and understanding of donor needs
– Experience in proposal writing, corporate, foundations, and government grants
– Detail-oriented with ability to multitask
– Ability to prioritize and adhere to deadlines
– Demonstrated ability to work independently
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and fundraising software, experience with Tessitura a plus
– Knowledge of financial accounting, preferably in the non-profit industry.
– Ability to work evenings and weekends
– Interest in music and opera is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
The compensation package will be developed to meet the candidate’s experience and capabilities.
Send letter of interest, resume, and references by email to:
Parvan Bakardiev, President & CEO, Wichita Grand Opera