The Artist Access Grant Program
The Artist Access Grants Program is designed to assist practicing, professional and emerging artists residing in Wichita, Kansas. The program provides support for artists to take advantage of specific and exceptional professional development, skill-building opportunities to advance their work and careers as working artists. Funds may be used for such endeavors as: attending advanced workshops, conferences, master classes or seminars; participating in artist residencies; engaging in activities that are specifically designed to advance or propel a professional career.
This program is not intended to help fund project-oriented applications, the costs of creating or producing art or an artwork, equipment purchases, touring engagements or academic or certification conferring endeavors. Grant awards range from $100 to $1,000.
- Applicants must serve the citizens of Wichita and be involved in visual or performing arts.
- Grant awards have a maximum amount of $1,000.
- Applications must be submitted by Friday, February 19, 2016 by 5 p.m. at the Division of Arts and Cultural Services office, 225 W. Douglas, Wichita, KS 67202.
- Funded applicants will enter into a contract with the City of Wichita. Applicants approved for funding will expend Artist Access funds in 2017.
- Funded applicants will be required to submit a final report along with receipts for expenditures.
Grant Deadlines are:
5 p.m. – Friday, February 19, 2016
For more information on the Artist Access Grant program, please contact:
Division of Arts & Cultural Services
225 W. Douglas
Wichita, KS 67202
What we fund (not limited to these examples)
1. Artist workshops
4. Artist Residencies
What we don’t fund
1. Artist materials, supplies or equipment
2. Individual projects/exhibits/specific performances
Your completed application should consist of the following:
1. A completed “Application Cover Sheet”
2. A professional resume detailing all exhibits or performances in which you have participated. This resume should include any prizes, awards or special recognition you have received.
3. A one (1) page narrative of the project which answers the following questions –
a. Describe the activity you wish to attend or participate;
b. Describe how attending or participating in this activity will assist you in reaching your artistic goals; and
c. Provide a detailed account of how the funds you’re requesting will be spent (a project budget). Will the amount requested cover the entire cost of you attending or participating in the activity? If not, how do you plan to pay the balance?
NOTE: The requested narrative should not exceed one (1) page.
Submit 12 copies of the complete application. Please use binder clips — Do not staple the pages.